Wednesday, September 15, 2010

An Apology

I dropped the ball.. Actually I threw it FAR FAR away from me!

I got a little overwhelmed by life and just quit blogging.

I am sorry.

I really want this to be a vehicle for people to stay connected to our ministry and our family.

So if there are any readers left out there... I will certainly try to do a better job. And thankfully, the Christmas banner at the top of the page is now gone, although I may as well have left it up for a few more months!

I leave you today with a quote from the book Radical by David Platt that has changed my life!

"...we are starting to redefine Christianity. We are giving in to the temptation to take the Jesus of the Bible and twist him into a version of Jesus we are more comfortable with.

A nice, middle-class, American Jesus. A Jesus who doesn't mind materialism and who would never call us to give away everything we have. A Jesus who would not expect us to forsake our closest relationships so that he receives all our affection. A Jesus who is fine with nominal devotion that does not infringe on out comforts, because, after all, he loves us just the way we are. A Jesus who wants us to be balanced, who wants us to avoid extremes, and who, for that matter, wants us to avoid danger all together. A Jesus who brings us comfort and prosperity as we live out our Christian spin on the American dream.

But do you and I realize what we are doing at this point? We are molding Jesus into our image. He is beginning to look a lot like us, because, after all, that is whom we are most comfortable with. And the danger now is that when we gather in our church buildings to sing and lift up our hands in worship, we may not actually be worshipping the Jesus of the Bible. Instead we may be worshipping ourselves."

WHAT?!?!?! Yeah, he said it. And yeah, this blog may just have taken a turn for the RADICAL~~!

post signature

6 comments:

Claire and Jason Bintz said...

I LOVE the quote! Glad you're back!!!!

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Yay, welcome back!!!

Lindsey said...

can't wait to hear what he has to say this weekend:)

Carrie said...

Radical is a great book but most of us would say you and BY are already living it!
I'm glad you're back to blogging. Can't wait to see what God has in store!

April Brown said...

i thought about you at the beginning of the week!! so glad you're back...the quote is VERY challenging!

Amy said...

Glad you are back!!! Sad I am not with you girls this weekend!!! next time.