Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Encouragment for Moms - 1

"Whoever would be great among you, must be your servant." Matt 20:26

"The world may not applaud us for wiping runny noses, driving in carpools, or talking with our teenager into the wee hours of the morning. And until they are trained, our children might not thank us either. But as we set aside our own selfish desires and glorify God by joyfully serving our children, we are pursuing true greatness according to the Bible. Let us do so with tenderness, affection and with a smile!"
"But what if you have lost your smile? How do you find renewed joy to sacrificially serve and tenderly love your children? Our only genuine source of refreshment comes from God. In Him alone do we acquire fresh strength to carry out this enormous task of mothering."

-Carolyn Mahanney The Feminine Appeal


post signature

5 comments:

HoodMama said...

This is so true. I was just praying today that I'm walking around with my cup half-full, trying to fill the rest up with everything but that which will truly satisfy my soul. Thanks for the encouragement and I owe you an email.

These Three Kings said...

oh... I looove it!!! YAY for MOtherhood!!!!

Lindsey said...

thanks for that. i totally lost it this AM and screamed at the top of my lungs (for multiple reasons too long to list here). both children went nuts?! am i thankful for His forgiveness and grace today or what?!

Kristin said...

It's been a while since I've checked in on you... I so enjoy reading your posts. Thanks especially for sharing 25 things that provoke our children. I may have to get that book!

These Three Kings said...

another thing.. I LOVE YOu my sweet sister.. I TRUST that the LORD will do some amazing things through you and for you in your parenting.. I am so proud of you, I have watched you for the past couple of months change dramatically in your parenting, GOD's GRACE is amazing, and His love is soo real.. I see that in your life..continue to perserver my sister..so glad we are together in taking care of our "issues"
love you!!